How to Choose a Lake Tahoe Rental Boat
✔ Schedule Me (reserve early!)
- SEE IT: Our Amazing Experience in Pictures
- Read all our 5 Star Client Reviews
- Why are we Tahoe’s Best Boating Experience?
Plan for Success:
You are planning your Lake Tahoe summer vacation on the internet, choosing activities for each day that allow you to best experience one of the most beautiful places in the world. There’s so many great things to do in at Lake Tahoe but your decision becomes more challenging if getting a good deal on a speed boat rental is your priority. Depending on personal preference, all the following boat rental options can be a great time, but for maximum range and touring during your boat rental, let’s focus on the important differences between (DIY) renting a boat driving yourself or (RELAX) renting a boat with an experienced driver.
- (DIY) Rent a boat and drive it yourself
- (RELAX) Rent a boat with an experienced driver
- Rent a jet ski
- Rent a kayak
- Rent a SUP
- Buy a boat ride on a large party vessel like the Tahoe Queen, Tahoe Gal, Lake Tahoe Party Boat, Blue Wave or similar
DIY: Drive it Yourself
If you have boating experience, renting a boat and driving yourself may seem like a good idea until you realize the small print Lake Tahoe rental boat realities.
- DIY can be a much more expensive for an inferior quality rental than our luxury boat with an experienced driver (see fuel, damage & late fees below)
- FEE: Doesn’t include fuel ($6 plus per gallon) adding hundreds to your rental
- FEE: Makes you financially responsible for damage to hull and props that can add hundreds or thousands to the cost of your rental upon return
- Has propellers that can seriously injure you in an accident (TahoeJetBoats is Lake Tahoe’s only no propeller boat)
- Can waste as much as 30 minutes of your rental time as you leave and enter the 5 mph zones in and out of marinas like Tahoe Keys
- FEE: Makes you financially responsible for late charges potentially adding significant charges to your rental
- Doesn’t include a local expert to drive you to the best spots based on your interests, wasting valuable time
- FEE: Doesn’t include water sports gear or expert instruction
- Are boat designs without waterline rear decks for easy water access for swimming and sports
- Are smaller than you really should have for the Tahoe wind and waves
- Are older and less comfortable, on average the fleet is 10 -15 years old
- Puts you at risk for various violations from law enforcement
- Puts you at risk for a DUI if you open a beer
- Break down more often
RELAX: Rent a Boat with a Concierge Captain
Tahoe Jet Boats charters our rental boat with a local expert at the helm.
- Step aboard a late model luxury 24 footer twin engine speed boat by Yamaha, everything’s included.
☛ Open to some helpful advice prior to making your decision? Check out these brief but important tips:
- Best Rental Boat Deals on Lake Tahoe
- How We Keep You Safer
- How to Choose a Lake Tahoe Rental Boat
- The Best Location for Tahoe Boat Rentals
- Best Days to Rent a Boat on Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe’s all inclusive, concierge captained, luxury speed boat rental for tours, waketubing, wakeboarding, waterskiing and sightseeing.
Lake Tahoe Golf | Lake Tahoe Tours | Lake Tahoe Weddings | Lake Tahoe Resorts | Lake Tahoe Vacation Packages | Corporate Retreats | Lodging | Reunions | On-site Summer Activities | Tahoe Activities | Around Tahoe | Travel Agents | Tree Top Adventure | Family Fun Water Sports